Seafarer Affairs and Port Division
- What are the requirements to apply for the establishment of maritime training institutions?
An application for an establishment of a maritime training institution may refer to the Garis Panduan Akreditasi Institut Latihan Maritim dan Kursus Yang Diluluskan (JL/HEPP/D/21 edisi 2017).
- What is the address of the existing maritime training institute, offers modular courses in conformity with the Standard of Training Certificate and Watch keeping 1978 (Manila Amendments 2010) ?
Maritime Training Institutions approved by the Marine Department of Malaysia under the requirements of the STCW 78 (Manila Amendments) as listed in Marine Department official website or may directly contact with the maritime training institute.
- How can a company apply as a Manning Agency (Licensed) of Malaysia?
An application for the establishment of a Manning Agency (Licensed) of Malaysia may contact Malaysia Shipping Notice 07/2013) or e-mail to email@example.com for inquiries.
- What are the procedure of seafarer card application and seafarers’ book?
Seafarers should undergo medical examinations at medical practitioners' clinics certified by the Marine Department of Malaysia and apply online through the Seafarers Document System (SDPx) which can be accessed through the Marine Department official website.
- How much is the fee for a seafarers' application card?
Fee for a seafarers' applications card may be referred to through the Marine Guidance Note (NMPM 6/2010).
- How to apply for seafarers' training and development scholarships from Merchant Shipping (Centre Mercantile Fund) Rules 1984 (CMMF).
Seafarer training and career development aid scholarship forms can be obtained through the Information Note and Marine Guides (MSN 1/2013).
- How can next of kin of a deceased Malaysian seafarer may apply for death aid assistance from the Merchant Shipping (Centre Mercantile Fund) Rules 1984 (CMMF)?
Financial assistance to the next of kin of a deceased Malaysian seafarer may apply for death aid assistance from the Merchant Shipping (Centre Mercantile Fund) Rules 1984 (CMMF) through Marine Information and Guide (NMPM 2/2013).