Safety of Navigation and Maritime Communication Division (NAVCOM)
To determine an efficient, effective and safe navigation system within Malaysian waters. To coordinate and combat oil spillage from ships in order to mitigate marine environmental pollution.
1. Navigation Aids: Planning, establishment and maintenance of aids to navigation.
2. Vessel Traffic Services: Ship handling reporting system. Broadcasting maritime safety information.
3. Management of wreck and sunken ships.
4. Hydrographic: Planning and implementation of hydrographic survey. Ports planning dredging works.
5. Maritime Enviroment Protection.