10. Who is eligible as a Malaysian Ship owner?
Eligibility as the owner of a Malaysian ship: -
- Malaysian Citizenship;
- If it is owned by a company, the company must be incorporated in Malaysia;
- Has headquarters in Malaysia;
- Majority (51% or more) of the shareholding are held by Malaysian citizens;
- Majority of the board of directors are Malaysian citizens
11. Where can the ship be registered?
Port Register in Malaysia for this registration is Port Kelang, Penang, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu.