w3c 2:24:19 AM | 25-Sep-2020
Help | Marine Office ENG | BM | Other Languages
Laman Utama Hubungi Kami Peta Google
FAQ / Seafarer and Port (HEPP) / /

Seafarer and Port Affairs


1.  What are the requirements to establish or set-up new maritime training institutions?

Application for establishment of maritime training institution shall be made directly to the Director General of Marine Department Malaysia. Please refer to NMPM 1/99 for requirements and guidelines.

2. What is the address of maritime training institutions that provide modular courses under the STCW 95 Convention?

The maritime training institutions approved by the Marine Department under the implementation of STCW 95 Convention are as listed in our website i.e. under /Service/Seafarers and Port. You may contact directly the institution for training purposes.

3. Which clinic should I visit for seafarer's medical examination?

You may visit any of the panel clinics approved by the Marine Department. The list of the nearest clinic may be referred in the following list (click here)

4. What are the requirements to be a medical practitioner approved by Marine Department?

Applicants need to complete the online application (SDPX) and submit directly to Head Office, Marine Department Malaysia together with copies of documents duly certified as true copy as below:

-One (1) color photograph (Identification Card photo size)

-Copy of Identification Card

-Certificate of Medical Practitioner

-Copy MMC certificate

-Copy of diploma/degree in Occupational Health/ Medicine or Certificate of attendance of Familiarization course conducted by Marine Department

For more information please refer to NMPM 11/1999 & NMPM 17/1999.

5. When will Marine Department conduct examination for certificate of competency for Deck and Engine Department candidates?

The latest examination schedule can be reviewed in www.marine.gov.my under Marine Notification and Guide (NMPM) or via Seafarer Document System (SDPX).

6. What are the fees for the Certificate of Recognition (COR) application ?

The fees for each application are based on types of application as follows :-

I) New Application: RM600.00

II) Renewal Application: RM 600.00

III) Damaged / Lost: RM 100.00

Payment shall be made to 'Director of Marine' of the region concern in a form of postal order, money order or Bank Draft.

7. How long does it take to process an application?

COR will be processed within 3 months from the date of receipt of a complete application.

8. Holders of Certificate of Competency from which country is eligible to apply for Certificate of Recognition?

Certificate of Recognition may be issued to local and foreign seafarers serving on board of Malaysian ships and who also have the Certificate of Competency issued by the countries which have executed a Memorandum of Understanding with Malaysia (click here)

9. What is the validity period of a Certificate of Recognition?

The validity period of a Certificate of Recognition (COR) shall not be more than 1 year. If the validity of the Certificate of Competency (COC) is less than 1 year, the validity of the COR will expire on the same day the COC expires. When applying for COR, the validity of the COC should not be less than 6 months, for the application to be processed.

10. I want to apply for Safe Manning Document, what are the requirements which I need to fulfill?

Guidelines for the Application of Document or Safe Manning Certification are elaborated via notice NPM7/2009 and NPM29/2011.